Creating Configurable Products in Magento

In this video I show you how to create a configurable product in Magento. For those of you that don’t know what a configurable product is, it’s actually a listing that is made up of multiple simple products that have attributes added to them.

In the video I created 4 simple products with the attributes color and size. The color and size was a requirement so when customers went to purchase the item, they had to first choose a color and then a size.

Of course the possibilities here are endless and go as far as your imagination takes you so it’s not like the options are limited to color and size.

To learn more about attributes, simple products and configurable products, see:

Soundarya Ravikumar · July 6, 2018 at 7:12 am

I Will Build Ecommerce Website Using Magento and Full WordPress Website Or Woocommerce Website..https://www.fiverr.com/market358

Sunil Shah · July 6, 2018 at 7:12 am

Helped a lot 🙂 Thanks for creating the video 🙂

H S M Shown Ahmed · July 6, 2018 at 7:12 am

sir, thank u very much. very good and helpful video. (from Bangladesh)

PhotoWeddingsinItaly · July 6, 2018 at 7:12 am

Hi , thank you for your helpful tutorials. But how do you make the newly created Attributes to show up under the product information menu on the left hand side in the administration side? .

Many thanks in avance if someone can suggest me the right direction.

بندہ عاجز · July 6, 2018 at 7:12 am

In this video I show you how to create a configurable product in Magento. For those of you that don't know what a configurable product is, it's actually a listing that is made up of multiple simple products that have

Henrik Larsson · July 6, 2018 at 7:12 am

insane zooming

Dave Van Kerrebroeck · July 6, 2018 at 7:12 am

How can I have the display pic change to the colour attribute that I chose in the dropdown?

Em An · July 6, 2018 at 7:12 am

video Brief
How is the form of the final product like this?

Silicon-Prairie.Net · July 6, 2018 at 7:12 am

your inflection when using the word attribute is wrong. There is a verb attribute and a noun attribute. You don't know the difference.

Sohrab zia · July 6, 2018 at 7:12 am

thanks 🙂

Lisa Foster · July 6, 2018 at 7:12 am

Great tutorial! It took some time for me to understand what configurable products are and how they are created. Your video was of great help in that for me)
I think that configurables presentation that is available in Magento out of the box, needs improvement. I hope, Magento 2 will be better in that, now I'm using an extension http://amasty.com/color-swatches-pro.html

Navas Fazil · July 6, 2018 at 7:12 am

I like this video, thanks a lot

Sima Nikzad · July 6, 2018 at 7:12 am

Great Video tutorial ! The simple product that I created is the same associated product for all my products ( I am selling shoes and the associated product is the size for all of them), could you explain how to change the quantity of that particular item, for example if I have (4) of the size 8 and (1) of the size 6. I have created the simple product before creating the configurable product (just like your tutorial) and it will not let me to change the quantity, if I edit the quantity of the simple product the quantity of that will change for the the whole thing, not just for this particular item! Thank you again