Get Free SSL Certificate: How to Install Let’s Encrypt on DigitalOcean or Vultr

Learn how to get free SSL certificate for your WordPress. In the video tutorial, I teach how to install Let’s Encrypt on your Apache server in Vultr Cloud vps.

First, you will learn how to add certboot repository to your Ubuntu server.

And then, I will teach how to install ssl certificate client (certboot) and setup ssl certificate for your domain.

Finally, You’ll learn how to create cronjob for automatically renew the lets encrypt.

Note: To follow this video tutorial, you will complete 3 steps of the previous video.

1) How to setup and secure your Ubuntu Server (require)

2) How to Install LAMP Stacks On Ubuntu Server (required)

3 How to Install WordPress Blog On Ubuntu Server (optional)

Vultr Vs Digital Ocean Review:

GET $20 FREE VULTR HOSTING CREDIT:

COMMAND USED IN THE VIDEO:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:certbot/certbot

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install python-certbot-apache

sudo certbot –apache -d chamnes.xyz

sudo certbot –apache -d chamnes.xyz -d www.chamnes.xyz

sudo crontab -e

15 5 * * 5 /usr/bin/certbot renew [DOUBLE CLOSE ANGLE BRACKET] /var/log/le-renew.log

SUPPORT ME:

BUY ME A COFFE:

Help me to edit video caption

C.D. Vutha · July 10, 2018 at 7:24 am

I just did it. Thank you Kimsean for this tutorial.

Grow Your Career · July 10, 2018 at 7:24 am

Someone copied your video on another channel here:

Tammy Ohagan · July 10, 2018 at 7:24 am

When I check "apachectl -t " I get an OK, but when I try to go to https:// – I'm getting "This site can’t provide a secure connection
***************.com uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Unsupported protocol
The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite." – Any thoughts?

Mathew Tusa · July 10, 2018 at 7:24 am

Hi Great Tutorial

what does this error mean?

Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
python-certbot-apache : Depends: python3-certbot-apache but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Hudson Alves · July 10, 2018 at 7:24 am

Hi, Kim, how are you?

Can you guide me how can I delete this certificate? I did the installation and everything works fine, but I would like to uninstall and delete the Lets certificate from my server. Help me?

gaga rere · July 10, 2018 at 7:24 am

Hi. You should precise that an ssl for a bare IP address is not possible. It would save time to some people. Thank you for your good tutos

Iqbal Hussain · July 10, 2018 at 7:24 am

Is it a good practice to have this ssl with cloudflare also. As clousflare also provide ssl for free

Hudson Alves · July 10, 2018 at 7:24 am

Hi Kim

I am getting the following message:

"You currently have TLSv1 enabled.
This version of TLS is being phased out. This warning won't break your padlock, however if you run an eCommerce site, PCI requirements state that TLSv1 must be disabled by June 30, 2018."

Do you know how to enable TLSv2 through SSH?

Help me?

robhenrichs12 · July 10, 2018 at 7:24 am

Do you need to change your url in WordPress to https://yourdomain.com from http://yourdomain.com

Heri grosir · July 10, 2018 at 7:24 am

Hi guy how to install ssl on centos and sentora panel ?!

brahim fannan · July 10, 2018 at 7:24 am

Bro thank you very much, keep it up

Ankit Vats · July 10, 2018 at 7:24 am

Thanks for the video, I get error after running command sudo certbot –apache -d mydomain.example "Could not reverse map the HTTPS VirtualHost to the original")
PluginError: Could not reverse map the HTTPS VirtualHost to the original