Magento Community Tutorials #7 – Creating Categories & Subcategories

The 7th tutorial for Magento Commerce Community Edition. This tutorial shows you how to create categories and subcategories. Subscribe for more free tutorials more Magento Tutorials here:

Support Free Tutorials

The best shared web hosting

Subscribe to Level Up Pro for extra features!

To Support Level Up Tuts:

Simple cloud hosting, built for developers.:

The flexible, open source commerce platform that powers over 250,000 online stores worldwide

Bluethink IT Consulting Pvt. Ltd. · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Using this #extension #store owner can convert store into #marketplace store. Here #seller can register and sell their products. It’s having many features like category wise #commission management, #shipping management, bulk product import, the graphical representation of #reports like best #sale products, most viewed, total sales etc. It works for both #configurable and simple products and supports all themes and fully #responsive.

The #extension provides a separate control panel for vendors/sellers where they can manage products, attributes, #custom options, categories, sales, invoice and shipment etc. even every seller has an option to see the most selling product, most viewed products and monthly product sales reports by a graph on #seller #dashboard etc.
Also, it has feature like seller review section, in this section, each customer who has to buy the products can review the #vendor based on product quality, delivery, price. Each #vendor has its own #dashboard page on the front-end.

You can see all features list of #magento #Multi #vendor #marketplace #extension by below Url:-

KAOTYKBERI · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

The videos are nice, but if would have started it all without any sample pack, I mean fresh start with nothing, then it would have been wonerful.

Hots Bikini Store · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Please could you explain how to remove some theme demo features for this theme called Supertheme Magento from themeforest

Zachary Arken · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

What would be the best way to add a left sidebar with categories.

Henry flores · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

I can't access my top nav in my magento theme…any suggestions?

Ashley Baker · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Just reading out the dropdown menu options is not a tutorial. You should be showing what each option is and how it affects the front page.

95Egirl · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Love these tuts they are so helpful… but I have a problem when I add the categories on the back end why don't they show up on the front instantly after I refresh the page on my navigation bar. Any help that would be great… thanks

Randy G · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

I am using the Hostgator version of Magento,  I added the categories like you have shown in the tutorial but when I flip back to my main page to see the nave bar its not there like it is in your tutorial. Any help will be great thanks!

navya shree · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

when the user logins am getting the MY ACCOUNT page, how to get the product page which shown @ 0:00 in this video?

Madis Abel · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Great tutorial! But one question. How do you make the picture appear smaller on my site? I tried resizing my picture, it didn't help..

dablondeemu1 · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Great tutes, thank you.
In magento 1.9 it looks like root category is changed to default category.
My categories did not show up on the site until they were placed with the default category.

Kerem Akagündüz · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Ok you have an Imac with a very big screen, but please make it fullscreen for us!

mybeautyplace · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Hi Thank You for your nice tutorial , but i can;t see any products , no menus, no sample store  can you please help me

Websites Architect · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

How can I have the items spread out evenly on the navigation bar instead of the default which merged to the left?

Unaib Amir · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Hi.. U have nice tuts up there.
btw, i am newbie to magento. i followed ur steps to add categories and products in them. categories are showing on top nav but for some reason, products are not showing up. on back-end, products count are showing in category.

again, nice tuts.
Cheers

MJTeh1 · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

You probably need to turn off your cache

InThePlane JP · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Hello, the changes I make don't update as soon as yours do. It takes around 24 hours before i see the changes Ive made. What do you think is the problem?

jmargotfire · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

What's missing here is that the "default category" is the root category. You don;t even have to add a root because it is already there. Just highlight "default category" and create a subcategory. That will create the categories.

anutherockstar · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Nice Tutorials ! but i am unable to see the category on the home page.It is active ! Please help

Salman Khan · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

thanks a ton man!!
coz of u i got a great job..
thx thx thx

Jose Correa · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Truly the best tutorials on Magento out there. Thank you so much!

Rohitashva Rathore · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Hi… First of all thank you for these awesome Magento tutorials, these are helping me a lot. I'm a beginner, this is my second day of learning.
Can you tell me why did you move 'Tutorials' under 'Root Catalog'? Wht if its kept out of it, it doesn't reflect in navigation menus?

Gustavo Guzmán Ríos · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Hi! Great tutorial! My Magento version does not contain the sample products. Where can I get them? Thank you!

LevelUpTuts · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Thanks! Do the images show up in the backend when you upload them? I'm thinking it might be a folder permissions thing. Make sure your /media folder in your site root is set to 777.

Don S · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

I cant see product and category images , do you know why?
p.s great tutorials

LevelUpTuts · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Where are you wanting them to show? They will show up in the main navigation as long as you have them enabled.

LevelUpTuts · June 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm