Woocommerce Tutorial: Part 1 – Installation, Setup and Adding Your First Product

WooCommerce is probably the No.1 eCommerce add-on for WordPress and offers a great starting point for selling products online without spending a penny.

It can also be incredibly daunting to get to grips with if you are new to eCommerce. In this tutorial, I’ll take you through installing, basic setup and adding your first product and product category before moving on to future videos where we delve in to every aspect of the core software, as well as add-ons (free and commercial options).

We’ll also look at linking WooCommerce with Slider Revolution 5 and Visual Composer to create amazing looking, professional websites.

Woocommerce Shortcodes:

Free tutorials for WordPress, Slider Revolution and Visual Composer. New tutorials added every Wednesday.

Take your WordPress website and skills to the next level!

LETS CONNECT:

SUPPORT: Our website offers additional information and perks. Please check it out!

Brijesh Rajput · August 8, 2017 at 10:51 am

Nice video

batang natanael · August 23, 2017 at 8:49 pm

LIKE IT VERY EXPLANATORY AND EASY TO FOLLOW BUT WOULD LIKE TO WATCH ALL YOUR VIDEOS RELATING TO SETTING A WOOCOMMERCE WEBSITE ON MY WP

EditYourBody · August 27, 2017 at 6:56 pm

Awesome video

Sakshi Wahi · September 2, 2017 at 1:24 am

Hey sir i cant install woocommerce because of some max file size error what can i plz suggest

Mzn Gaming · September 15, 2017 at 11:56 am

god bless you!

M 560 · October 3, 2017 at 11:20 am

Thnk you for all the information. Very helpful!

Harsha · October 10, 2017 at 4:49 pm

Thanks!

You Comedy · October 11, 2017 at 5:22 pm

WooCommerce sites or add a WooCommerce store to existing sites. Contact here for make a shopping website@ https://goo.gl/8pmNCu

Sabrina Espinal · October 18, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Thanks a million!

WhenUCUS com · October 21, 2017 at 3:37 pm

You need to do a updated your video- they've changed it it doesn't do automatically install anymore

Ben S · November 11, 2017 at 7:46 pm

i tried downloading this on my Mac. I just keep getting a folder in my downloads. Whats up with that?

khurshid ahmed bi · November 18, 2017 at 4:56 pm

I like it very nice video sir thanks

Polar Export Limited t/a SNO Cosmetics · November 23, 2017 at 12:30 pm

Good start to woocommerce

Hannah Max · December 2, 2017 at 3:56 am

Awesome video. E-commerce stores are always a great choice for retailers. If you are looking for the easiest migration solution LitExtension service is the best option for you https://goo.gl/55Eo2h. It is fully automated and lets you transfer all your data fast and accurately from your Shopping Cart to Woocommerce (or another platform) without any tech skills needed.

Nina blaho · December 12, 2017 at 7:34 am

do i need to get a host before I do this?

Lorcan Crooke · December 14, 2017 at 4:07 pm

Hi, great tutorials, Im newish to wordpress and trying to make a woocommerce shop using the Astra theme and elementor. Id love to see a tutorial on how to start from a blank theme adding all the woocommerce elements to the theme and making them work. I cannot find any help on this at all. I cannot add the cart to the menu and cant seem to integrate it at all!! Im not worried about the design aspect as you have plenty of really good videos on this, just functionality. Thanks a mil!

YourAlaskaGuide · December 28, 2017 at 12:01 am

Well done tutorials. ….and free. I would like to thank you for speaking clearly. So many other videos are hard if not impossible to follow as they are not clear or have a heavy accent, also thanks for speaking. Tutorials with just a mouse pointer and no dialog are totally unprofessional leaving me with no interest. I like the fact that while you may skip over a certain feature, I am reassured that you will be covering it in another video. Looks like you have quite a few other videos to watch, and will try to drop a few comments and a thumbs up as payment for your efforts.

Ovidiu Blaga · January 9, 2018 at 7:43 am

Hi, great tutorial. But what theme do you use for wordpress? Thanks in advance

MyKidSupplies · January 16, 2018 at 5:44 pm

Woocommerce is so powerful, hey check out what i did with woocommerce: https://mykidsupplies.com

Royce Faggotter · January 18, 2018 at 4:31 am

Thank you for your tutorials, they are excellent.

Royce Faggotter · January 18, 2018 at 10:58 am

This year now becomes, my biggest challenging year, to show my wife and family, this stuff really works, I have a lot more time home than I did last year, at 61 this month, JOBs are few and far apart, and I want the internet.

Rita Lewis · January 29, 2018 at 3:44 pm

Thank you for your great help.

STUPENDOUS STUFFS · February 8, 2018 at 12:07 pm

Hi mate . can i install alidropship plugin at the same time ? thanks

cheryl grier · February 11, 2018 at 12:32 pm

I love tour video. I have one dilemma: I sell business stationery. My customers need to be able to customize their order ie stock, quantity, flat vs raised in, 2 sided etc. Can woocommerce handle that and how customizable can it be?

Brinley Meagher · February 12, 2018 at 11:55 pm

This video was incredible! I've been trying to figure out our woocomerce site and why its not working for a week now! made the silly mistake of putting {} instead of []. Thanks!

A Deus · March 5, 2018 at 12:22 pm

Do I need that if I'll be installing Printful plugin?

Gwion Jones · March 10, 2018 at 9:08 pm

Thanks Ryan- this is a brilliant video.
I watched this because I wanted to see if I could customise WooCommerce to work in other languages, namely Welsh. I can’t find a straight answer online.
From your accent I’d say you’re a Welshman! Before I download the plugin to see for myself, do you know if a)Welsh is supported or b)I can customise myself without having to delve too much into css and php etc.

Thanks!!

Jeffrey Smith · March 13, 2018 at 7:24 pm

Really like … clear speaking … well done… keep up the great work..

krishna chaitanya · March 20, 2018 at 2:19 pm

Thank you for such an Excellent quality content we've been searching for. by the way may I know whether there is any free plugin which can add payment gateway for credit and debit card transaction? Thank you once, again.

Gordon Mitchell · March 29, 2018 at 2:50 pm

Excellent instructions. Thank you.

allan benzon · April 2, 2018 at 1:27 pm

Great tutorial thanks!

J Satti · April 8, 2018 at 2:37 am

Simply superb.

DnBQemist · April 11, 2018 at 7:16 pm

Please help! I have a current WP site used as a landing page and my question is, what happens when I activate Woocommerce? Will my page stay the same and the shopping features will appear? Thanks!

DT · May 6, 2018 at 12:30 am

Thanks – what if i already have a website, will the store be built on a 'new page' as such? how does that work

Vinod Mehra · May 16, 2018 at 12:24 pm

Great tutorial..

I want to create a web store to affiliate the Amazon product (don't want to blog look) but while setup the woo commerce plugin, it's asking store setup, payment, shipping, extras, tax and delivery related information as I just want to use it only to refer Amazon product, I don't have any physical store. How do skip all these information, so adding to cart and direct payment sale option will obsolete.

Please help.

Cindy Cheong · May 17, 2018 at 1:41 am

Hi! Thanks for such a detailed video. I know this is an old video. I want to start a woocomerce with WordPress. Which plan should I start with WordPress? I will have a domain with a different host. Would it work if I create WordPress under personal (at $0) or do I need to have a business subscription plan?

Kiki Yusup · May 24, 2018 at 9:53 am

Very good tutorial, can you help me ! i would like to my customers (visitors) login or sign up before they into checkout , in other words, they must login or signup before buy my product in my eCommerce site, do you know how to setting it?

Michelle Cesare · June 24, 2018 at 1:39 am

Thank you for the amazing demonstration. It is teaching me. Go WooCommerce.